Materials handling technology: Roller conveyors
Roller conveyors – conveyor technology
Medium-duty roller conveyors are the right choice for the manual transport of piece goods with a medium piece weight. They are the ideal complement to areas in which light roller conveyors are too weak and heavy-duty roller conveyors are oversized.
Roller conveyors offer an efficient solution for the in-house transport of piece goods that require a roller conveyor load capacity of up to 150 kg/m. Roller conveyors enable targeted storage and effortless transport. In this way, they accelerate and regulate the production process.
Here you will find the results for roller conveyors in different designs:
Medium-heavy roller conveyorscatalog page: 192
|Lane width (mm)||Axle separation (mm)||Lane length 1 m||Lane length 2 m||Lane length 3 m||Curves 90°||Curves 45°|
40/80/40x3 mm U-form galvanised steel with screwed cross bars.
Galvanised steel piping Ø 50 x 1.5 mm, sprung axles with ball bearings Ø 10 mm
- Interior radius 1000 mm
- Support rollers continuous according to track width, or multi-split.
- Width 300 mm continuous
- Width 400 - 800 mm - 2 elements
- Width 900 - 1000 mm - 3 elements
Supports and accessories please see on page 193.
- Medium-heavy roller conveyors are the ideal addition to areas where light conveyors would be too weak and heavy duty conveyors oversized.
- The conveyors´ support strength is, according to its type (division, width, support intervals) up to 150 Kg/m
- The roller conveyor must always be wider than the selected goods.
- The smallest goods must rest on at least 3 roller axles at one time. (axle distance x 3 = minimum length)
- A number of tracks may be combined to form longer lengths (special lengths possible).
- The supports intervals should not be more than 2 m. If a number of elements are combined supports must be positioned beneath the connecting parts.
- The conveyors are combined by means of the supports.
- For operation in dry interior areas.
You can plan the conveyors according to your requirements. Medium heavy roller conveyors can be delivered according to your individual local specifications.
Smooth running with a slight gradient of the roller conveyors
Roller conveyors are ideally used with a gradient of two to five percent. This is enough to make the best possible use of the gravity-controlled run. Roller conveyors transport goods without generating any energy costs. However, the speed of the continuous material flow can be individually controlled.
Flexibility all along the conveyor
Roller conveyors are flexible when used in dry indoor areas. They are not only flexible in terms of gradient and thus in the speed of transport, they can also be set up quickly. For this reason they are often used for loading. Since light roller conveyors do not require a motor, they are almost maintenance-free. Individual rollers and parts can easily be replaced.
The conveyor rollers are made of galvanized steel tube and, since they rotate on a ball-bearing spring axle, have a long service life.
Requirements for the conveyed goods and conveyor routes
Important requirements for conveyed goods such as cardboard boxes or containers are that they have a flat, hard, stable, clean and dry base and that they are at least 200 mm wide. The smallest item to be conveyed should rest on at least three roller axles.
The load-bearing capacity of the roller conveyors depends on the width of the conveyor, the distance between the rollers and the distance between the supports. The conveyor lines can be planned individually according to the requirements. We can provide roller conveyors that are adapted to your spatial conditions.
Want to learn more about wheels, castors and transportation?
In our complete catalogue you will not only find more than 12.000 articles but also a lot of information and our product guide.
Request catalogue now.
>You need the advice of our experts? We will find the right roll or transport solution for your requirements, contact our team at +49 2191 59217-0
Special requirements? Of course, we also develop individual castors and wheels for our customers according to the required specifications. Talk to us about your special production requirements.